Teach your students to recognize, read, and write primer sight words with these Sight Word Books. The sight word books contain 8 activities for each sight word on the primer list. The activities have been designed to be fun, hands-on, and engaging. With each booklet following a predictable format, once the activities have been introduced to students, they will be able to complete them independently. This makes the booklets ideal for morning work, literacy centers, early finishers, and distance learning.
Download the PREVIEW to see all the activities.
There are 52 sight word booklets (one for each word on the primer sight word list):
all, am, are, at, ate, be, black, brown, but, came, did, do, eat, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new,
no, now, on, our, out, please, pretty, ran, ride, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want,
was, well, went, what, white, who, will, with, yes
Included in each foldable sight word book are the following activities:
- Read and Write: Students trace the sight word, box it up, and unscramble the letters to spell the sight word.
- Sight Word Sentences: Students read and complete the sentences by writing the missing sight word. A picture-word bank is included to aid students in reading the sentences.
- Word Find: Students find and color the sight word in the word search.
- Sight Word Maze: Students find the path through the maze by coloring the sight word.
- Sight Word Color by Number: Students color the sight word using the color code.
- Sight Word Pyramid: Students practice spelling the sight word by writing the sight word in a pyramid.
- Sight Word Read and Highlight: Students read the sight word paragraph and highlight the focus sight word.
- Read, Write, and Draw: Students read the sentence, write it, and draw a picture for the sentence.
Each of these activities builds fluency and mastery in reading and spelling for the focus sight word.