This Science of Reading (SoR) aligned resource is packed with task cards, centers, and worksheets to help students practice phoneme-grapheme mapping for CVCE words. The Science of Reading research shows that teaching students to map words helps build strong readers. The word mapping activities in this bundle are ideal for literacy centers, independent work, and guided reading groups.
⭐️ What activities are included in this bundle:
- 109 word mapping task cards for CVCE words
- 30 no prep word mapping worksheets
- 34 Map and Cover mats
- 34 Spin and Map mats
⭐️ How to use the activities:
- Students will say the word represented by the picture
- Tap the sounds they hear in the word
- Map the graphemes that create those phoneme sounds
- Blend and read the word
- Write the word.