Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers.
Information We Collect from You
United Teaching may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- To personalize user experience
- To improve our Site
- To process payments
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you decides to opt-in to our newsletter, you will receive emails that may include United Teaching news, updates, related product or service information, information about sales and promotions. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include how to unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. Our newsletter and other emails are delivered to you using MailChimp. You can read more about how MailChimp handles your personal data by visiting its website here.
How Information is Collected
United Teaching collects and processes information about you using the following methods:
- We may collect personal identification information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit the Website, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on the Website. You may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. You may, however, visit the Website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Website related activities.
- We may collect non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with the Website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to our website, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
- The Website includes widgets and links to social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn and the Teachers Pay Teachers website. By clicking these links, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of these websites. You are encouraged to review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of these websites. United Teaching is not responsible for the privacy practices of these websites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Website.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
We may contact you via email with updates about the services that we offer or any changes that we have made to our Website.
You can opt-in or out at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in our emails.
You have the right to find out about what information we hold about you. You can exercise that right by contacting us and we will send you any request for information in a suitable electronic form. To make a request for information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your personal data is incorrect then you have the right to rectify this information and ensure that it is accurate and up to date. If your data is incorrect then please contact us at the email address above we will rectify this on your behalf.
You have the right ‘to be forgotten’ and to have your personal identifiable information permanently deleted from our systems. Again, if you would like to exercise this right then please contact us.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-payment system.
- Analytical/performance cookies – these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies – these cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use below:
We use Google Analytics to understand general trends about our content and traffic sources; for example, where users come from, which pages are most popular, which sites provide most traffic, how our marketing efforts impact the number of visits we receive.
Google’s statement about privacy can be found here.
The Twitter button allows our users to share our platform and services with their followers more easily.
Facebook Button and Pixel
We use Facebook button to allow you to share out platform with your friends and other Facebook users.
We use Facebook Pixel for Facebook ad targeting
We use a LinkedIn button to allow you to share our platform and the services we offer with your connections. LinkedIn’s information about privacy can be found here.
We use an Instagram button to allow you to easily follow our Instagram account. You can find out more about how Instagram handles your personal data by visiting its statement on Privacy here.
Pinterest Button and Pinterest Tag
We use a Pinterest button to allow you to easily follow our Pinterest account and to share our content on Pinterest. You can find out more about how Pinterest handles your personal data by visiting its statement on Privacy here.
We use Pinterest Tag for ad targeting and how our marketing efforts impact the number of visitors and transactions we have. You can learn more about Pinterest Privacy Settings here.